Basic cleaning tips for your Jenna Scifres Handmade Jewelry:
- Sterling Silver/Silver Filled - Use jewelry polishing cloth or sterling silver cleaner. On sterling silver jewelry with a brushed finish, polish lightly with fine steel wool. If you wear sterling silver/silver filled daily, it should not tarnish.
- Silver Plated - Silver plated wire has a special coating to resist tarnish, but you can clean with jewelry polishing cloth. Please do not wear while washing hands, bathing, or using household cleaners to prevent plating damage.
- Copper/Brass - Use a small mixture of water, vinegar, and a bit of salt to clean. If brushed finish, polish lightly with fine steel wool. My brass and copper jewelry are sealed with a protective wax. You can polish and recoat the pieces with Everbright brand or Renaissance Wax brand protective coating.
- Aluminum/Stainless Steel - Use jewelry polishing cloth or wash with hand soap. If brushed finish, polish lightly with fine steel wool.
- Gemstones/Crystals - Clean gemstones and crystals with a jewelry cleaning cloth or lightly wipe with a glass cleaner. Be careful dipping into liquid jewelry cleaner as it may damage some gemstones or crystals.
- Pearls - Lightly wipe pearls with a jewelry cleaning cloth, do not use commercial liquid jewelry cleaners on genuine freshwater pearls as they are very delicate.
- Gold Filled - Clean as you would regular gold jewelry, with a jewelry cleaning cloth or commercial jewelry cleaner. You can even use warm soapy water and a soft bristle brush to clean gold filled jewelry.